Friday, January 30, 2009

Dogs .... :)

Its ironic that I'm writing a post about dogs.
but right now ... I have this new unconditional love for dogs and the reason for that would be the movie, 'Marley & Me' ...

I have never had a dog in my life. I've just known a lot of people who had dogs ... some who treated him/her like a part of their family. I never realised as to what it really meant to them that they treated the dog in such a loving way.

I somehow had a very different feeling towards them.
Some were cute to look at... Some cute to touch..
Some looked huge and scary .. Some looked tiny and adorable ..
I always found it a lil weird for a dog to lick me ..
Always had a problem with them not being so clean and sometimes messy ..
had a problem with them creating a havoc ...

Strange enough, there were times when I was jealous of them ...
Sometimes, I used to wonder how it would be to live like a dog..
so free ... and not a care in this world ...
Other times, I got jealous when the dogs got more love than I did ... :p ...

But after seeing the movie, I felt amazing at how a dog is so loyal ... and faithful ..
and at how he wakes you up in the morning ...
how he waits for you to get back from work ...
how he's there to give you love when you need it ...
how he listens to you (most of the time or rather sometimes :) )
how he plays along with you ....
how he looks with those cute eyes when you're talking to them ...
how he can be crazy and wild without worryin about anything ...
how he can keep you the best company when you're alone ...

I could go on ...
anyways, I would love to have a dog who is like Marley ...
or any dog ... who can actually make you so happy ...
who can make you feel welcome any time ...
who can make you feel special ALL THE TIME ...
who can make you feel so awesome and extraordinary ALL THE TIME....
who can never make you feel like you're alone ...

I wish I could have a dog now ... to whom I can share with whatever I'm feeling now and not worry about what he is gonna think ...

I'd like to end this post with the lines by John Grogan, the author of 'Marley & Me' -

'A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes or designer clothes. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull.
GIVE HIM YOUR HEART AND HE WILL GIVE YOU HIS.
How many people can you say that about?
How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special?
How many people can make you feel extraordinary?' - John Grogan

God bless!

5 comments:

  1. such a sweet post!!! :) the problem is everyone says its just a dog! its not! guess you also realised that! :) now i more than ever desperately wanna see marley and me!
    p.s the books great... out of the world amazing! :)
    p.p.s DOGS ARE THE BEST! :)
    UMMMAAAH!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you nids .. n yes i did realise that ...
    im sure the feelin that a dog gives you can never be given by anyone ...
    sent the movie to aishu ... on a dvd ... should reach her in 5 days ...
    mwah .. dogs are for sure, awesome ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sent the movie too meee ??? ...... goshhh jonn u r lunaticcc ... and see see i tolddd u DOGSSSS ROCK .... a lickk on your face .. a wag .. a warmmm boddyyyyy snuggling in with you .. they make youu happyy man .. they reallyy and trulllyy doo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)...sweet!!!I've always wanted one as a pet and friend and couldn't...:(...anyway I loooovveeee Dogs as well...absolutely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post jona!!:) evn i want one as a pet!! :( bt i dont...will hav it vryyy soon!!:P:P

    ReplyDelete